The Palestinian Ministry of Health said on Wednesday that one person had been killed in a shootout with Israeli troops.
The Palestinian Ministry of Health said on Wednesday that a Palestinian was killed by Israeli forces in Nablus on the northwest coast, the fifth day of military operations in the occupied territory. “Mohammad Hassan Mohammad Asaf, 34, was shot in the chest by the Israeli occupation army during the attack on the city of Nablus,” he said.
The Israeli military did not immediately comment, but said it was carrying out “counter-terrorism operations” in Nablus and the West Bank.
According to the Palestinian Red Cross, 31 people were injured in the Nablus area and the nearby village of Beta. 10 of them were injured by ammunition.
These military operations come after four attacks in Israel since March 22, the first two being annexed by Israeli Arabs to the Islamic State (IS), a jihadist organization, and the last two by Palestinians from the Gene Sector. A total of 14 people were killed in the attacks. During the same period, AFP estimates that 16 Palestinians, including the attackers, were killed in the violence.
Israeli Public Radio reports that soldiers entered Nablus a few days ago to pick up Israeli workers repairing damage to the tomb of Joseph, the son of patriot Jacob, by Palestinians.
Israeli Prime Minister Naphtali Bennett said on Sunday that he would not allow such an attack on the shrine ahead of the Passover.
“Avid gamer. Social media geek. Proud troublemaker. Thinker. Travel fan. Problem solver.”