The return of the UFC in Abu Dhabi. Saturday night’s UFC 280 promo is set to host the now famous Yas Island with the deepest fight card of the year. Heading the mega event is a lightweight title match between former champ Charles Oliveira and rookie contender Islam Makhachev. The pair have won 21 fights in a row, and they both have incredible ground games leading up to the ending.
In addition to the wild main event, the shared feature also sees an on-line title in a match that’s sure to grab fans’ attention. King Aljamin Stirling is set to face former reigning champion TJ Delashaw. This will be Sterling’s second 135-pound title defense and first since his fight streak with Peter Jan. Dillashaw returned after undergoing knee surgery in 2021 and served a two-year suspension from USADA that cost him the title.
Can’t get enough of boxing and mixed martial arts? Get the latest in combat sports from two of the best sports in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell For the best in-depth analysis and news, including an early look at UFC 280 below.
Elsewhere, Yan is also back in play when he faces rising contender Sean O’Malley. “Suga” is looking forward to entering the title picture in the face of its toughest competitor so far. Another match between potential contenders is also on the main card when Matuesz Gamrot faces Penel Dariush at lightweight. In addition, welterweight contenders Bilal Muhammad and Shawn Brady are set to battle it out in the iconic preliminary bout with a lot at stake.
Below is the announced fight card for UFC 280 along with the latest odds from Caesars Sportsbook. You can follow Live coverage and gameplay of UFC 280 With our coverage now.
UFC 280 Fighting Card, Odds, Results
- Islam Makhachev -190 vs Charles Oliveira +160, vacant lightweight title
- Aljamin Sterling (c) -175 against TJ Dillashaw +150, bantamweight title.
- Sean O’Malley defeated. Peter Jan via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Benil Driouch defeated. Matwes Jamroth by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Manon Furo Def. Caitlin Shukajian via unanimous (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- via TKO 2nd round (punches)
- Cayo Boralho def. Mahmud Muradov by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Nikita Krylov def. Volkan Ozdemir by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Armen Petrosyan defeated. Dobson by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Muhammad Mokaev def. Malcolm Gordon via third round submission (arm bar)
- Carol Rosa Dave. Lina Lansberg by majority decision (29-27, 29-27, 28-28)
UFC 280 info
- Date: October 22
- Site: Etihad Arena – Abu Dhabi
- start time: 2 p.m. ET (Main Card)
- How to watch: ESPN + PPV
Countdown to UFC 280
Who will win Oliveira against Makhachev? And how exactly does each fight end? Visit SportsLine now for detailed picks for every fight at UFC 280all from an unrivaled expert who has made over $13,000 in MMA in the past 3 years, and find out.
“Typical food guru. Problem solver. Devoted beer practitioner. Professional reader. Baconaholic.”