Seventeen days after the war continuous Russian bombings in several Ukrainian cities

Contradictory accounts of the Mariupol mosque bombing

The Ukrainian government announced on Saturday that it had bombed a mosque in Mariupol, killing about 80 civilians, including Turks. One of them, trying to organize the evacuations, denied the report.

“The mosque of Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent and his wife Roxalen in Mariupol was bombed by Russian invaders.”The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry said in a tweet on Saturday. “More than 80 adults and children, including Turkish citizens, have taken refuge there.”He added without mentioning when the blast took place.

However, Ismail Hassioglu, president of the association affiliated with the Suleiman Mosque in Mariupol, joined with Turkish channel Habertürk in the early hours of Saturday afternoon to confirm that the district was on fire but that the mosque had not been touched.

“The Russians are bombing the area (…) It is 2 km from the mosque and 700 km from the mosque where the bomb fell., He previously described on Instagram. 30 Turkish civilians are inside the building. “Including children”Without mentioning the number, he said.

A total of 86 Turkish citizens are still in Mariupol, with his association going door-to-door trying to unite, Mr. Hasioglu told Turkish television. He explained that his association had already made four attempts to set up a convoy and expel the Turks. “But the Russians did not allow us to pass.” In dams.

“We will try a fifth time”, Mr. Hacioglu added. He further clarified on Instagram that he has two buses to do the outings.

Contacted by the Turkish Foreign Ministry, AFP “No information” In the situation.

See also  Category 3 Hurricane Ian makes landfall in western Cuba

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.