He says on his website that he recently started climbing sky scrapers to end a miscarriage. He was posting on Instagram saying he needed water but he was strong.
This ascent was in response to the leaked draft in the Supreme Court abortion case Roe v. Wade.
Police say that at around 9:21 a.m., officers were reported about a person climbing up the building.
The officers noticed the man on the side of the building several floors. He appears to be wearing climbing gear.
There are closed streets in the vicinity and the authorities are asking people to stay away from the scene.
Officers attempted to contact the climber as he ascended to remove him safely from the building.
According to Salesforce’s website:
- The Salesforce Tower is 1,070 feet tall with 61 floors and 1.4 million square feet of office space.
- It takes 39 seconds for the elevator to travel from street level to the 61st floor.
- The foundation of the Salesforce Tower is perched in rocky shale, more than 318 feet into the ground.
- 12,000 tons of steel were used in the construction of the Salesforce Tower.
- The Salesforce Tower took more than 2.5 million man hours to build.
Stay with ABC7 News for updates on this evolving story.
San Francisco Fire is on the scene with other public safety agencies at 415 Mission, the sales force tower of a climber reported climbing the 60-story tower. This person puts the life and safety of firefighters at risk. Avoid the area and join us in condemning this act. pic.twitter.com/QDpkfrYs4E
San Francisco Fire Department Media (SFFDPIO) May 3, 2022
If you are using the ABC7 News app, Click here to watch the live broadcast
Copyright © 2022 KGO-TV. All rights reserved.
“Reader. Infuriatingly humble coffee enthusiast. Future teen idol. Tv nerd. Explorer. Organizer. Twitter aficionado. Evil music fanatic.”