Ontario Government Health Care Transformation
Ontario Government Health Care Transformation – Public Town Hall Meeting
Protecting health care has always been a primary goal for PETERBOROUGH HEALTH COALITION and COUNCIL OF CANADIANS. This meeting will provide updates on the recent Provincial Government’s recent advances to transform the Ontario health care system. This government does have its particular goals which do concern us. Also, there will be opportunities to recommend changes that should be considered.
Our Provincial Government is creating a SUPER AGENCY to operate almost all Ontario health care services. There are serious concerns:
- Has full power to order system changes, including opportunities of ‘for profit’ delivery.
- No public consultation has been taken.
- Super Agency is so distant from local engagement and control.
- Anticipate mega-mergers and privatizations.
- Included would be hospitals, long-term care, home care, mental health, primary care, e-health.
What should we know?
WHAT CAN WE DO?
Sponsored by Ontario Health Coalition and Peterborough Health Coalition
(Wednesday) 6:00 pm
Peterborough Public Library
345 Aylmer Street N