Electric City Magazine is hiring!
We are looking a creative, driven, and generally awesome person to take over design and production of the magazine.
This person will help to maintain and develop the look and feel of the magazine, and will play an essential role in every aspect of its print production.
- Lay out and design the print magazine on a monthly basis.
- Source and produce art, design, and photography for magazine editorial and advertising.
- Co-ordinate with editors and business manager on content and advertising.
- Co-ordinate with the printer about deadlines and technical aspects of printing.
- Create promotional materials for the magazine.
- Develop, maintain, and evolve the brand aesthetic.
- Access to and proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator (Adobe Creative Cloud subscription).
- Demonstrated skill with typography and image editing.
- Experience working in publication design.
- Optional: illustration, photography, and/or copyediting skills.
Part time (with a heavy concentration of hours during production week).
$1,000 per month.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a portfolio showing a diversity of completed projects to [email protected] with “Job Application: Design and Production” in the subject line.
Application deadline is Monday, December 11 at 12pm EST.